Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Recipe: Parmesan and Parsley Crusted Cod

At the request of one of my readers, Louise, I am posting this recipe for the parmesan and parsley crusted cod that I referenced in my Seasonal Foods of March post. I often pair fish dishes with rice and a side salad because it is so much lighter than chicken or beef, but that’s a personal choice.

I buy individually packaged frozen fish from Ocean Market, so for this, and other fish recipes, I’ll be referencing a single serving, but feel free to double at your discretion.

Also, I’ve used both dry and fresh parsley when making this dish. I think fresh parsley tastes better, but if you can’t get it, it’s really not a problem – using dry parsley tastes good as well. Just remember:



1 tsp. dry Parsley = 1 TBS Fresh Chopped Parsley = 2 sprigs of Parsley

Happy Cooking, Fellow Foodies!

Ingredients:
  • 4 oz. portion of cod
  • ½ TBS Light Miracle Whip
  • 1 ½ TBS grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 TBS Fresh Chopped Parsley
To Make:
  • Preheat the oven to 475 degrees
  • Lightly spray a baking pan with non-stick spray
  • Combine 1 TBS Parmesan cheese, parsley, and Miracle Whip and spread over the top of the cod filet
  • Place cod on baking pan and sprinkle the remaining ½ TBS Parmesan on top of Parmesan/parsley paste
  • Bake 6-8 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork
Per Serving: 123 Calories, 1 grams carbs, 6 grams fat, 17 grams protein

This Parmesan crust works very nicely on most white fish because of their mild flavor. Try it on flounder, tilapia, or haddock! 

No comments:

Post a Comment